Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WiP Wednesday - Slow Going

The only thing I have worked on this week is my new nephew's quilt.
 
 

 
I've got the entire center quilted, now I just have to finish quilting the borders and bind it.
 
My nephew was actually born this past Saturday, so I'm a little late finishing this one up. But my sister will be bringing he and my 2-year-old niece for a nice long visit the first of June, so I am just going to wait to give it to her then. 
 
I can't wait to get my hands on my nephew and snuggle on his sweet newborn-ness!
 
My husband has been working nights this month, and it has thrown us ALL off schedule.  Because of that, I haven't been sewing much.  The only other thing I have had time/energy to work on are some pillowcases that I am embroidering for our children at Church.  I am in the presidency of the Primary (the children's organization), and these pillowcases are what we are giving them as a birthday gift this year.  "I am a Child of God" is the Primary theme for this year.
 
 
WiP's - no finishes (But so, so close!)
Worked on: 
*Baby Boy quilt - half quilted
 
 
Not worked on:
Toy Story Blanket - squares cut

 Improv Log Cabin Pillow - no progress
 
 Upcycyled Tees - 1 of 3 sewn
 Love baby quilt - not worked on
 Denim Rag Quilt - not worked on
 


2013 BOM's & Bees -
Sister's 10 BOM blocks - April block not completed

Virtual Quilting Bee blocks - 1 of 2 April blocks complete

Applique Quilt -  March fused but not appliqued, April block - picked up, but not worked on
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute idea with the pillow cases - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pillow cases are darling, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!