Tuesday, March 26, 2013

WiP Wednesday - Blocks and a Baby Quilt

I finished the last of my March blocks this past week, and while these two blocks look like they should belong in the same quilt, they are actually for two different QAL's!


The one below (called Origami Star) is the second block in the Virtual Quilting Bee hosted by Amy at Diary of a Quilter. (You can see my first block HERE.) 
 
This one has been especially fun because I am doing it with two of my sisters - one in Tennessee, and one in Utah.  We have been texting photos and Facetiming each other all week as we have been finishing up our blocks.  It's the closest thing to actually sitting in the same room sewing together!


Sampler - Block 2
 
 
This one is the March block for the Sister's Ten BOM hosted by AnneMarie over at Gen X Quilters.
 
I'm finishing this one a little late in the month mainly because I wasn't thrilled with the design, and just didn't know how I wanted to do it. I spent a lot of time pulling fabrics an trying out different combos until I came up with this, and, as usually happens, in the end I loved it!
 
This one is called "School Girl's Puzzle".
 
Sister's 10 Modern BOM (March) - Schoolgirl's Puzzle
 
 
I also finished the top of the quilt for my nephew, due late next month. 
 
 
 
baby boy top


To be totally caught up for March, I have to finish my applique block for the month. I have it all fused to the square, but haven't started appliqueing yet.
 
And my Love baby quilt is still only partially quilted. I started having problems with my machine again about 2/3rds of the way through. I am going to take my machine in soon...but until I do, I'm afraid the quilt will have to wait.
 
WiP's -
Sister's 10 March block - done
 
Virtual Quilting Bee block - done
 
Applique Quilt March block - fused but not appliqued
 
Baby Boy quilt - top done
 
Love baby quilt - not worked on 


 
Linking up @
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. My blocks are caught up for March, but my finished item swaps for April are not even started. I've been doing the Sisters10, too. I picked fabric that is not necessarily me. Just what I had gotten for free some time ago. However, its been pretty easy to pull fabric since I'm not invested into the fabric too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! I think the baby quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you choose to work with. The quilt top looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to do the Sisters blocks, love yours. It's hard to be without a machine and bummer when it acts up - fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the sisters ten BOM as well and really want to start the virtual bee one. Yours look great, if you don't mind how do you get the buttons/icons on the side of your blog that are link to the blogs?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!