Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WiP Wednesday

This week, I may have gotten a lot more cutting done than actual sewing. 
 
The only sewing I did was finishing my Susannah blocks from the Sisters 10 Modern BOM:
 
Sister's 10 Modern BOM (Feb) - Susannah 2Sister's 10 Modern BOM (Jan) - Susannah 1


 I cut the 16.5 inch background squares for my applique quilt, and bought the matching thread kit after much contemplation of how I wanted to do the appliqueing (either with matching thread, monofilament, or a neutral.)

 
 
I have also placed the applique pieces for the first (January's) block.
 
 
 
I also cut some of the fabric for a baby quilt for my new nephew due in April. My sister picked out the fabric while we were in Utah a few weeks ago.
It's an old Northcott baby collection (maybe 2010 or 2011?) called Baby Safari that was in the sale section, mixed with a little of the current "Bungle Jungle" by Moda, and this lovely yellow Denyse Schmidt pattern that I love!
 

 
 
 I'm still waiting for my sister to send me a couple extra cuts that I had her pick up after I got it all home and had a chance to look at it and decide how I wanted to put it together, so this won't be fully cut out and ready to go until after I get that package of fabric in the mail.

So that is what I have done this week.  I really want to try and focus on these three quilts for a bot before adding anything new into the mix.  We will see how I do.


Current WiP's worked on:

Spring Bouquet BOM applique quilt

Baby boy quilt

Sister's 10 BOM

Current WiP's not worked on:

Love Baby quilt


Linking with Lee @




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!