Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WiP #22 and a Bit About Halloween Costumes

It is October, and naturally, the projects that take the forefront are Halloween costumes. 
 
Fortunately for me, because my boys have been telling me since January that they want to be Avengers, this year I am only making one costume - my own.
 
My boys have decided for me that I will be a witch this year.

Again, fortune has it that I made a black vinyl, bodice-type costume piece many, many years ago.  I decided to make this the base to build my witch costume around:


I will apologize right now for the yucky iphone pics today...
 
I am going to do a little "upgrading" to this piece to make it a little more sturdy, and hopefully get a lot more years of use out of it.  I am going to put eyelets in for the lacing (right now it just has ribbon loops), and I would like to put some boning in the front edges and seams.
 
I am waiting to get the fabric for the rest of the costume until Friday when JoAnn's has their Columbus Day sale and I can get it for 60% off.
 
Speaking of costumes, here is a small sample of some of the costumes I have made over the past few years.  I will do a post detailing them all once my costume is done:
 
Halloween Costume Collage
 
 ***
 
As far as my other WiP, I was able to cut out all the fabric for my Sliced Coins quilt. 
 
 
I ended up having to go and get some more fabric for the sashing since I didn't have quite enough of what I was originally going to use in my stash, but I didn't mind. I actually wanted a different color, but was going to use what I had just to be thrifty. I'm glad I had a reason to get something I really wanted! I just pressed it and will be cutting the sashing tonight. 
 
WiP's finished - 0

New WiP's started - 0

WiP's worked on - 1

"Love" baby quilt


On the Back Burner: 6

*TWO stockings to finish

*ONE Key fob to finish (and 3 new ones to make for Christmas gifts)

Swoon mini quilt

Denim Rag Quilt

Star Baby Quilt

Couch pillows


WiP's not started yet: 3

Bed quilt (Swoon) (fabric purchased)


Secret gift #1 (fabric purchased)


Secret gift #2


Possibilities/ Idea Phase: 1


Patriotic mini/wall quilt


 

Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. wow you are an expert costume maker!! Thanks for linking up to wip Wednesday this last week, where I had the pleasure of guest-hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!