Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WiP #21

Yay!  I have a finish this week! 

I finished my Halloween Table Topper over the weekend. 
 
 
Halloween 9patch front2


I actually have the top made for a smaller version, as well as one lone 9-patch block that I think I may turn into a pot holder.  I am in desperate need of pot holders!
 
 
 
 
I also went through my stash and pulled out and pressed 10 fat quarters to start the baby quilt for my cousin's baby girl who is due within the next 2 months or so!  I pulled pretty much all the lavender, aqua and light blues from Amy Butler's Love line.  I am going to follow the Sliced Coins Quilt Along over at Don't Call Me Betsy for the pattern.  I think it will be an awesome little quilt for a special little girl :)
 
 
And this week, I even have a non-sewing project that I am starting!
 
 
 
I ordered these papier mache barn stars last week and they arrived.  My plan is to paint them, cover them with various holiday papers, and hang them on my wall for some cute, thrifty decor. 
 
However, I didn't realize that I ordered the 3D stars, rather than the flat backed ones.  So, instead of sending them back and exchanging them (and paying twice the amount for the flat backed ones!), I thought I would see if I could just cut them in half.  It worked great, but now I have twice as many stars as I need!  Ha ha, I guess I know what I will be making for gifts this Christmas.
 
Here are the stats:
 
 
WiP's finished - 1
Halloween Table Topper 
 
New WiP's started - 1
"Love" baby quilt
 
WiP's worked on - 1
"Love" baby quilt
 
WiP's NOT worked on: 6
*ONE Key fob to finish
*ONE dress to finish
Swoon mini quilt
Denim Rag Quilt
Star Baby Quilt
Couch pillows
 
On the back burner/not started yet: 3
Bed quilt (Swoon) (fabric purchased)
Secret gift #1 (fabric purchased)
Secret gift #2
 
Possibilities/ Idea Phase: 1
Patriotic mini/wall quilt
Total = 11
Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the checkered table topper. It reminds me of one of my projects that I want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!