Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WiP Wednesday #16 - Back To Work!

I think it took me an entire week of being home from my trip before I felt like my brain was back in the right time zone.

(And I won't even mention the fact that I haven't completely unpacked yet.  Ahem.)

And I have this strange quirk of hating to sew or work on a project while my house is a mess.  And boy, has it been a mess since I got home.

So I am just happy to have started sewing again within the past week.

This is what I chose to start with:



This is the beginning of our Christmas Stockings. 

I debated what to do for awhile...hourglass or double hourglass to match the Christmas tree skirt I made last year?   Straight strips?  In the end, I decided to do the wonky strips. 

I wanted the stockings to have a little more modern feel, and I felt the blocks would make them too "country" feeling, if you know what I mean.

So, I finally pulled out the Jelly Roll that has been waiting on the shelf for the past 3 or 4 years to get this project started, and got to work.

Right now I am piecing the strips.  Then I will quilt them to the batting. Then I have to check my stash to see if I have any white/cream that matches, because I want to make white cuffs with each of our names embroidered on them.  In gold. 

I know, I'm getting all fancy on you.

***

Anyway, that is my new WiP for this week.

I think I also had a genius idea on what to do for one of my secret projects.  I will write more about that as I finish working it all out.

Here are my stats:

WiP's finished - 0
New WiP's started - 1
Christmas Stockings - moved from the "Back Burner" list
WiP's worked on - 1
Christmas Stockings

WiP's NOT worked on: 6
*ONE Key fob to finish
*ONE dress to finish
Swoon mini quilt
Denim Rag Quilt
Star Baby Quilt
Couch Pillows
On the back burner/not started yet: 4
Bed quilt (Swoon)
Secret gift #1 (fabric purchased)
Secret gift #2
Possible - dress, matching doll dress, and doll quilt for my niece for Christmas
Total = 11 - Up one from last week!
Linking to Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Christmas stockings! Fun choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas in August! You know I'm totally on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute fabric! I am starting to think winter projects, too!

    Ps-sorry we missed ya during your visit! Next time!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!