Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kid-Friendly Food - Pizza Rolls

I have two of the pickiest eaters on the planet. 

And unfortunately, they happen to be twins, which means they like to feed off each other.  What one does, the other likes to follow.  And with no older siblings to use as examples of how to eat their dinner, sometimes it is practically a wrestling match to get either of them to eat anything!

So when I find a recipe that all my kids eat (my youngest eats almost everything, so he doesn't really count in the equation) I make it.  A lot.

This is one of those recipes. 

Pizza Rolls

pinned this recipe awhile ago and have, of course, made my own changes until it is now how I like it.  I usually make mine with finely chopped pepperoni, green pepper, onion and olives.  But not too much or the filling will spill out once you cut the rolls.

I usually serve this with a variety of fruit and carrot sticks.


Pizza Rolls
pizza dough - enough for two pizzas (I usually use this one)

1 t. garlic powder, divided
2 t. basil, divided
1 c. sliced pepperoni, chopped
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

optional toppings: finely chopped olives,
green pepper, onion, mushrooms, etc. (about 1/2 c. each)

marinara or pizza sauce, warmed, for dipping

425°  Divide pizza dough in half. Roll each half into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick and 12 inches long.  Sprinkle each half with equal amounts of garlic salt, basil, cheeses, pepperoni and any optional toppings. Starting at a short end, roll dough up tightly to form a log. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned on top. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.

***

Linking to:

1 comment:

Your comments brighten my day!